- Jenny Berk received her Master’s degree in Psychology and Education and is a Certified Eating Psychology Coach, Body Image Mentor, International Speaker, and best selling author of the new release The Body Image Blueprint. Prior to starting her coaching program, Jenny worked for over 13 years as a health educator for a weight management company. While she loved helping people with their issues surrounding food and body image, Jenny was against the company’s aggressive tactics. Wanting to utilize her background in Psychology in order to heal people’s relationships with food rather than focus on weight loss, Jenny went on to get certificates from the Institute for the Psychology of Eating and Mindfulness-based Eatingness Awareness training. In 2015, she quit her job in order to start her own coaching program where she specializes in unique binge eating cessation techniques and mindful eating practices.
- Today we get to talk to Jenny about how to create a career on your own terms, how to overcome imposter syndrome and how small steps make all the difference.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- How Jenny started working for a weight management company
- Why her own issues with dieting made her feel like an imposter
- How she started noticing the problems with the tactics being used by her employer
- How she had her awakening that she needed to leave
- How she got her gentle push to leave her company
- How she created her coaching business to fit her life
Where to find Jenny: