- It’s not uncommon for people to stick with careers they hate because they have no idea what else they’d do. But what if you know what you’re passionate about but you’re still unsure about taking that path? On today’s episode, Tara Laferrara found herself caught in that very dilemma. She knew she was passionate about fitness but didn’t think it could become a viable career.
- She initially started teaching classes on the side simply because she loved it. But she had bought into the common fears and false beliefs society imposes on us all and accepted that she couldn’t make a good living just teaching classes. So she followed the traditional route into the corporate world. She decided she wanted to climb the ladder in advertising. She ended up quitting that job after only 3 days because she just knew that path wasn’t for her and she decided to dive in headfirst into her love of fitness.
- Now, in under 3 years, she co-owns a brick and mortar gym, Compass fitness, created an online training platform through her TL method, and has amassed over 100k followers on Instagram. She’s been featured in Shape, Women’s Health, Redbull, Finish Line, among other notable brands and publications. She is a testament to the fact that there is so much opportunity out there and there are so many ways to do things. You really can create a career out of the thing you love!
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- How EVERYONE has doubt and imposter syndrome.
- Why you should just get started where you’re at.
- Why it’s important to have a good support system.
- And so much more!
Where to find Tara: