- In honor of Labor Day, I invited Neil Sahota on the show to talk about the AI revolution and how it will affect the working landscape. Technology is developing at such a rapid pace and it is really important to pay attention to how it will change work as we know it.
- Neil Sahota is an IBM Master Inventor, United Nations (UN) Artificial Intelligence (AI) subject matter expert, and Faculty at UC Irvine. He is also the author of the book: Own the A.I. Revolution With 20+ years of business experience, he works with clients and business partners to create the next generation of products and solutions powered by emerging technologies.
- If you’re a regular listener of the show, then you’ve heard from many of our past guests that are now doing things that didn’t exist as careers 5-10 years ago. These new industries, such as social media manager and online educator, are but a few examples of the changing landscape of work. While most people (or the media) tend to focus on the negatives that can come about from these changes, I think Neil’s book does an incredible job of showing all of the amazing things that can happen as a result of these technologies. His book does a wonderful job of addressing important issues like the speed of change that we’re experiencing, how to utilize emerging technologies to disrupt our own industries, understanding the kind of careers that are on the horizon, and how we can either rework our skills or come up in a new profession.
- There is a tremendous amount of opportunity and if you pay attention to what’s coming next you have a chance to build the career or business that you want. Neil is just the person to help us figure out what we should be doing with all of these emerging technologies and how we can better prepare ourselves for the working landscape in the future.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why it’s important to start learning about AI now.
- Why you’re in the right position to disrupt the system with your current skills.
- Why you should learn to embrace change and learn how to better position yourself for it.
- And so much more!
Where to find Neil: