- You don’t necessarily have to pursue a whole new path in order to make a career change. On today’s episode, Michelle Schroeder-Gardner got her MBA in finance and then started working as a financial analyst. But realizing that she had never been taught about personal finance in school, she started a blog, Making Sense of Cents, to document her own financial journey. She wanted to show the different things she started doing on the internet to make some money on the side. When she discovered that she could make money from her blog, everything changed.
- She now makes over $100,000 a month through her blog. (Seriously, it’s insane!). You can check out all of her expense reports on her website to see when she started making $5k, $10k, all the way up to where she is now.
- In 2015, Michelle and her husband sold their house and started traveling full time while she runs her blog on the road. They first started traveling by RV but are now living on a sailboat. You can follow their adventures on her Instagram, but be forewarned, the pictures will give you some serious FOMO.
- Even though blogging has been around for quite some time, Michelle’s story really highlights that it never is too late to start pursuing this path.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why it’s not too late to start!
- Why it’s important to stick with your side hustle for at least one year.
- Why you should prioritize your time.
- And so much more!
Where to find Michelle: