- How often do you stop yourself from doing something new because you don’t feel prepared/good/experienced enough for it? While planning out your next step might help ease your nerves, sometimes the next step is to throw that plan out the window and dive in head first. You can plan all you want, but in the end, you’ll never be able to predict what might come from taking that leap of faith. When today’s guest, Elle Drouin took a leap in her career, it later evolved into not one but multiple new business ventures.
- But before Elle took that leap, her story started off in a similar way as our past guests. She was originally working in a traditional office job as a financial adviser. But it was when she decided to start a lifestyle blog as a creative outlet that her path began to take a different turn. This blog eventually led her to other opportunities such as moving to New York to take over a social media position she had no prior experience in other than what she had done through her blog. From that point on, her path evolved into an ongoing journey of one new venture leading to another.
- Currently, Elle is a product stylist, photographer, dog mom of an internet famous pup (Mochi), and host of the Revenue on Repeat Summit. She not only uses her photography skills to shoot photos for the Styled Stock Society, a stylish stock photography membership for women entrepreneurs, but she also shoots all the photos for her famous pup’s Instagram account! (Seriously, so cute).
- I love Elle’s story because she took a leap of faith into a job that she didn’t have any formal experience in. She could have come up with a million reasons why she wasn’t experienced enough for the position but she went ahead and did it anyway. This is an incredibly important lesson for anyone listening, you don’t have to be an expert, or really know what you’re doing, in order to take that next step. You really never know what will come up as a result of following that new idea or saying yes to that opportunity despite how prepared (or unprepared) you may feel.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why it’s important to put yourself out there because you never know where it’ll lead.
- Why it’s okay to pivot careers (even multiple times).
- How everything you need/want to learn is at your fingertips.
- And so much more!
Where to find Elle: