- If financial worries are holding you back from pursuing a new path, this episode is for you. I’ve found that whether it’s through Instagram DMs, Facebook polls, etc., the number one thing that keeps people stuck is worrying about money. While those fears are valid, there are ways to deal with them. Hopefully, today’s guest might be able to ease your worries and give you a little more confidence in taking the leap.
- Erin Lowry is the author of Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Broke Millennial Takes On Investing: A Beginner’s Guide To Leveling Up Your Money. Her first book was named by MarketWatch as one of the best money books of 2017. Erin has also appeared on CBS Sunday Morning, CNBC, Fox & Friends among many other outlets.
- I loved this episode and Erin’s take on finances because she makes things like loans and student debt easy to understand. She is full of knowledge and has the practical tips that we all need in order to face our financial worries. The best part? Erin’s example of how to establish yourself as an expert and create a career around a topic you love. Erin doesn’t come from a background in the financial industry. It was through creating her own blog around these topics that interested her that she created her career today.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why it’s important to know your numbers (student loans, investing, 401k, etc).
- How every little bit you earn helps pay off your loans.
- The importance of starting a side hustle you love.
- And so much more!
Where to find Erin: