- Can you imagine being able to pay off almost 90k in student loans in only 2.5 years? It may seem impossible, but it can be done! On today’s episode, I had the opportunity to speak with Kevin Ha from The Financial Panther, a blog about financial independence and side hustling in the sharing and gig economy. Kevin was able to pay off his loans by choosing not to live like a big shot lawyer and it paid off, literally!
- In addition to paying off his loans, Kevin starting experimenting with the gig economy on his free time. He quickly learned that he could make a lot of money on the side doing things that he enjoyed. After 5 years of being an attorney and switching between three different jobs, he finally came to the conclusion that practicing law just wasn’t the right fit. He just quit his job earlier this year after deciding to go all in on blogging and side hustling, which makes him the newest member of the #quitterclub. Now he pursues everything from Rover, to Postmates and beyond.
- I loved Kevin’s story because he decided to push against societal expectations of what type of work is “acceptable”. Not only that, Kevin shows us that it’s possible to create a steady source of income by doing something (or many things) that bring you joy.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- How it’s possible to create a steady income through side hustles.
- Why it’s important to learn about your finances.
- Why you should push against societal expectations.
- And so much more!
Where to find Kevin:
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- The Simple Path To Wealth by J L Collins
- Your Money Your Life by Vicky Robin
- The Bogleheads’ Guide To Investing by Taylor Larimore
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey