- If you’ve ever told yourself that it’s too late to start over, be prepared to face the truth: you’re just making an excuse. After spending 40 years climbing the ladder in corporate America, Paul Tasner was laid off from his job at 64 years old (all while casually eating an apple during his surprise exit interview!).
- A few years later, at 66 years old, Paul decided to take a leap of faith and try his hand at entrepreneurship. To combat the amount of plastic that companies used, he founded Pulp Works and set out to create safe, eco-friendly packaging for consumer products. PulpWorks uses paper and agricultural waste to mold compostable packaging and thereby diminish the waste deposited in our landfills, waterways, and oceans.
- Paul was selected as a TED Resident in 2017. His TED Talk on sustainability, entrepreneurism, and ageism has been seen by more than 2 million viewers and translated into 29 languages. As if he wasn’t doing enough, in 2018, Paul, with colleagues in San Francisco and Mexico City, founded Sort, a company using artificial intelligence, the IoT, and computer vision technology, to solve the contamination challenges facing the plastics recycling industry today.
- He is doing such incredible things and inspiring so many others! He is a real testament to the fact that it is truly never too late to start over. There are tons of things we can all do to pursue our dreams!
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- How it’s SERIOUSLY never too late to start over!
- How there is no such thing as security.
- Why you should get clear on what you want.
- And so much more!
Where to find Paul: