- What would you do if you started a company and it failed? What if you started multiple companies and they failed? Most people would stop. So many of us take those experiences personally and create a narrative about what it says about our abilities.
- That’s what I love about Josh’s story! After going through some successes and even more failures, Josh Zloof didn’t give up on his entrepreneurial dreams. Instead, he realized that he simply needed to get intentional about his values, acquire the skills he lacked, and create a well-balanced support system. Josh made a conscious decision that his next company would make one billion people happy. And that is exactly what he is on the road to accomplish. Josh is the co-founder and CEO of Sudden Coffee, a company focused on producing single origin, specialty grade, instant coffee (delivered right to your door). To date, Sudden Coffee has raised over $3.3 million dollars and served over 100,000 happy customers.
- In addition to making people happy, Sudden Coffee has been featured in The New York Times, Food & Wine, and GQ.
- Josh’s journey shows that you don’t have to give up at the first, or second, or even the 5th sign of failure. What you need most in those moments is to take a step back, reassess, and try again.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why not succeeding at first isn’t a reflection on who you are as a person.
- The importance of being clear on your values.
- Why you should create a support system that will help you succeed.
- And so much more!
Where to find Josh: