- The goal in life is to be happy, right? Well, maybe not. Today on the show, we have the incredible Dr. Zelana Montminy, a clinical psychologist and reformed happiness researcher. Dr. Zelana used to focus on how people could be happier in their lives but she quickly found, through her research, that the more we obsess over happiness in our society, the more people are unhappy. She saw that the people that were content and fulfilled in their lives were the ones that were resilient to whatever life threw at them.
Dr. Zelana is now a renowned wellness architect, providing an unparalleled realistic perspective rooted in science. Whether it’s as a bestselling author, working with celebrities, hosting a television show, or leading a transformational retreat, Dr. Zelana is paving the way for mental fitness. A prominent figure in Positive Psychology and one of Maria Shriver’s Architects of Change, Dr. Zelana is the author of bestselling 21 Days to Resilience. She speaks around the world and is a go-to authority in the media appearing on Access Live, The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, The Doctors and more. She also makes ongoing contributions to the pages of Real Simple Magazine, Health Magazine, Redbook, Better Home & Gardens, and the list goes on.
- I love this conversation with Dr. Zelana about why resilience is so important and how we can build it in our lives.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why we shouldn’t focus on happiness but rather try to build up our resilience
- What resilience actually is and how to start building it
- How to know when your unhappiness should lead to change v. when to weather the storm
- What actionable steps can you take to build resilience
- What is the difference between habits and goals
- How to build resilience in your kids
Where to find Dr. Zelana: