- Have you ever felt like you want something more but you don’t know what you should do? Well, if so, this is the episode for you! Sara Rezvanpour Rose is a unicorn full of inspiration and provides so much wisdom for anyone stuck in a career they hate. Though she may not know it, her own path provides such clear guidance for how to approach finding your next gig. It includes: perseverance, hustle, creativity, courage, humility, and faith in yourself.
- Sara is a graduate of UC Berkeley Law School and a former big law attorney. After being laid-off during a merger, Sara left big law to join her brother’s small private practice law firm where she honed her entrepreneurial skills as well as her legal chops. However, after a couple of years, Sara still found herself unsatisfied in the gray world of the law. She quit, without having a plan, to find a career with more creativity.
- After deciding that she wanted to be in the interior design space, Sara reached out to people in the industry, worked for free, and hustled her way into a dream internship with renowned interior designer, Justina Blackeney. From that internship, Sara created her own dream position at Justina’s business, the Jungalow.
- Sara is now Creative Counsel at Jungalow, a bohemian lifestyle brand & home decor online shop. She left the gray world of law in search of color, creativity, and a place where she could be her wild self! Now she spends her days creating spaces that she hopes inspire a sense of magic in people’s hearts & homes. She also negotiates contracts, and still does lawerly things but in a much more fun & chill setting.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- Why she felt morally obligated to go to law school
- Why she felt like she didn’t belong in law school
- How she ultimately decided to walk away from a traditional law practice
- How she figured out what her next step would be after law
- How she hustled her way into her dream job at Jungalow
- How she now spends her days doing part legal work and part interior design.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Magic Lessons, by Elizabeth Gilbert
Where to find Sara: