- Today’s conversation with Ann Masciarotte is so important!! On this podcast, I’ve talked a lot about the fact that in today’s world, with the internet, you can really create a business out of anything you are passionate about. Literally, you can find someone that is making money around a topic that you love. You just have to think outside of the box.
- And that is why I love what Ann is doing! Ann is the Chief Curator and President of the Whitney George Collection, an art advisory firm that she established after leaving a decades-long career as a strategy consultant and product manager. The Whitney George Collection was born of Ann’s belief that fine art doesn’t have to be intimidating, and that it should be a prominent part of every home, office, commercial and public space. Through her work with The Collection, Ann collaborates with home- and business-owners, and residential and commercial interior designers to curate and source artwork that personalizes and elevates their interior spaces. As a lifelong art collector who comes from a family of artists, Ann loves sharing with and educating others on the joys of buying and living with original art.
- The Whitney George Collection is primarily focused on promoting standout art and artists who have a unique, dynamic, and intriguing, yet accessible, style and point of view. Ann and the team at The Collection pride themselves on being able to work with nearly any budget, because there is plenty of phenomenal art in the world that doesn’t come with a blue chip price tag. The Collection also believes in supporting and promoting living artists, who contribute to a richer social fabric within their local and global communities.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- How Ann made the jump from consultant/project manager to business owner
- How having kids changed her perspective and led her to want to start her own business
- How she originally went the safe route and tried to start her own consultancy but quickly realized that her heart wasn’t in it
- How she realized that she might be able to start a business around her passion for art
- How she structured the business model for her art business
- Why you just have to start and realize that you’ll just figure it out along the way.
- Practical advice about how anybody can buy authentic art for their homes
Where to find Ann: